After long time I’m posting another recipe (Previous Recipe- Paneer Dhahi Masala)..I love cooking as much as I love eating..:D I’m living alone so love to try all recipes but sometime i get lazy too and order from Restaurants etc.,
Now I’m going to post simple South Indian Recipe “Vatha Kulambu / Kuzhambu” Its one of the Famous simple dish among Tamilians Especially Brahmins!
- Tamarind – 1/2-1 Size of lemon
- Chopped Onions
- Sambar Powder (Homemade is better)
- Sesame Oil (For Authentic Taste)
- Turmeric Powder
- Salt – As required
- Mustard , Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- Red chillies – 3-4
- Soak the Tamarind in Water (Preferably Warm) approx 3 1/2 cups..set it aside for some minutes
- Now lit the kadai in stove and add Sesame oil as required,now add mustard seeds,jeera ,red chillies and let it saute for some minutes
- later add chopped onions and wait till it get little brown (you can also add Garlic too)
- Now add Sambhar Powder and Turmeric Powder and wait for some seconds
- Now add tamarind Extract (Throw the Pulp) , salt as required
- Boil it for 5-10 minutes till you the feel the smell of vatha kulambu
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with rice and appalam/Potato curry
Vatha Kulambu Ready!
This one is very simple one for lazy guy like me!!! you can also Add Ladies Finger,Brinjal , Sundakkai after adding onions to make this more tasty.
Vatha Kulambu recipes from Others (Video) :-
Srirangam Radhu Vatha Kulambu Preparation
Vatha Kulambu – Brahmin style
Liked this Recipe?Kindly add your comments here!